The City of Tucker in collaboration with the Tucker-Northlake Community Improvement District (CID) have engaged the Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) to provide technical assistance to develop a plan for public art in the alleys in Downtown Tucker.
The final deliverable of this project will be a summary document that details how the City of Tucker and the Tucker-Northlake CID can enhance downtown Tucker’s alleys with public art. The report will include policy recommendations for implementation and a description or map of potential art locations. The plan will make recommendations on the following:
- The type of art that would work best within alleyways to allow for creative placemaking specific to Tucker and that promotes community resilience of its downtown businesses.
- Guidelines and/or regulations for public art.
- Identify locations for art within the alleys.
- Funding mechanisms/sponsorships for public art.
- The selection process for public art.
Assistance is being provided through ARC’s Community Development Assistance Program (CDAP). CDAP provides technical assistance to local governments and non-profits across the 11-county metropolitan region to undertake local planning activities that advance the goals of the Atlanta Region’s Plan. In addition, teams made up of local arts and culture professionals taking part in this year’s ARC Arts Leaders of Metro Atlanta (ALMA) class are developing potential mock-up designs and will be in conversation with City and the CID about potential collaboration.